Social Inequalities of Health & Frontline Services
Ethics and Integrity Population Health
Ethic and Population Health Portal
Ethic & Public Health Competitions
Public Policy and Population Health
Internet and Health
|Ethics and Population Health
Brief description of the strategic group
Public Health actors (professionals, researchers, policy makers, citizens) are confronted with increasingly complex ethical issues (individual and collective rights, resource
allocation). This poses significant challenges in terms of professional integrity (research, intervention, policy development) for which training, networking and advanced research in ethics and integrity of public health are becoming essential. The Ethics and Integrity in Population Health branch (AESP) is a strategic group that aims to network researchers and stakeholders on ethical issues related to the health of populations (www.ethiquesantepop.ca).
Objectives of the Strategic Grouping
- Increase the capacity for interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and inter-sectoral research on the health of populations and its ethical dimensions.
- Support structural initiatives in ethics by promoting interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and inter-sectoral networking.
- Facilitate the sharing and use of knowledge from research in ethics and population health.
Overview of activities and projects
1 : Increase capacity for interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and inter-sectoral research cross on the health of populations and its ethical dimensions
- Augment the directory of ethics experts by adding university and CEGEP researchers and educators
- Improve the visibility of the AESP in events involving students from programs / training (Universities, CEGEP) relevant to the ethics and public health
- Support and recognize RRSPQ student members initiatives interested by public health ethics
2 :Support structuring initiatives in ethics by promoting interdisciplinary, inter-institutional and inter-sectoral networking
- Support for writing research protocols;
- Workshops on ethics and integrity in population health
3 : Facilitate the sharing and use of knowledge from research in ethics and population health
- Use social network (website, Twitter, Facebook) to popularize and disseminate results and research activities in ethics and integrity of population health
Ethiquesantepop.ca website is an initiative of the Ethics and Public Health Axis of the Quebec Population Health Research Network (QPHRN). Our activities aim to create a network of researchers and social actors interested in ethical issues related to people's health and to stimulate research capacity and expertise in this area.
As such, the team of the axis is working to develop tools (eg, website, video) and events (eg workshops, consultations) innovations facilitating the effective transfer of knowledge between researchers, professionals, local organizations and institutional as well as population/citizens.
Ethiquesantepop.ca is a tool for actors interested in population health ethics (researchers/students/stakeholders/citizens) and is a focal point of knowledge and experience in this field. You will find resources (eg, scientific articles, reports, videos, events calendar, day public health ethics), opportunities for research support and networking, training and knowledge transfer activities (KT).
In addition to covering the classic themes of public health (prevention, protection, promotion, monitoring), the database provides access to a variety of other resources closely related to human health (eg health policy, health technologies, global health, environmental health). New resources are added daily to the database. We encourage you to send resources or publicize your activities. The team also wishes to support the EPH Axis (eg, expertise, contacts, creativity, event planning, developing tools for KT) initiatives of any person or group interested in putting to share expertise and experience favor the evolution of ethics knowledge in the field of population health. As such, the axis held a workshop on "Regards éthique sur la réduction des méfaits" as part of JASP 2011 conference. Our team has developed innovative tools for training on this topic! We invite you to examine them and use them in your own training!
This site is a technological tool that we wanted very flexible and the service of the community served; your comments and suggestions will ensure development in the image of your needs. Feel free to contact us to explore possible collaborations!