Appels à communication PANORAMA and CABI joint call for One Health solution cases
PANORAMA and CABI joint call for One Health solution cases! Open now until 30 September
PANORAMA – Solutions for a Healthy Planet is a partnership initiative to document and promote examples of inspiring, replicable solutions across a range of conservation and sustainable development topics, enabling cross-sectoral learning and inspiration. PANORAMA allows practitioners to share and reflect on their experiences, increase recognition for successful work, and to learn with their peers how similar challenges have been addressed around the globe.
PANORAMA One Health promotes solutions that facilitate the implementation of a One Health approach. It aims to foster cross-sectoral collaboration between various sectors, help break down silos, create and strengthen synergies between sectors and actors. It aims to help mainstream One Health as a tool to tackle health issues in a preventative, holistic and transdisciplinary manner. PANORAMA One Health is coordinated by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ GmbH) and the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
PANORAMA One Health was launched in February 2022. To grow this Community with further inspiring solutions, we are calling for examples of good practices from projects that implement the One Health approach around the world.
For this call, PANORAMA collaborates with CABI and their initiative on collating One Health Cases:
CABI One Health Cases is a curated collection of real-life examples of One Health in practice, stressing the interconnections between humans, animals, plants, ecosystems, and their shared environment in a truly transdisciplinary way. A database of educational, practical cases, it will be an invaluable resource for students, teachers, academics, public stakeholders, and industry practitioners.
If you are implementing a project that puts the One Health approach into practice, we invite you to participate in this call through the following options:
- Submit a "Snapshot Solution" case study on the PANORAMA web platform: a short overview of the project and its impacts (time investment: 15-20 minutes; select “PANORAMA One Health” on the first page of the template); or:
- Submit a "Full Solution" case study on the PANORAMA web platform: a detailed description of the project, its impacts, underlying context and process (time investment: 1-2 hours for first draft; select “PANORAMA One Health” on the first page of the template); and/or:
- Submit a One Health Case on the CABI website: a peer-reviewed case that will mostly be used for research and educational purposes (time investment: 4-5 hours but depending on writing speed etc; desired case study length: 3,000-5,000 words)
Benefits of contributing to PANORAMA:
- Gain visibility for your work – the PANORAMA web platform receives around 600 visits per day (over 200,000 annual visits in 2021). Beyond that, solutions are also being promoted in newsletters, webinars, social media, etc.
- Engage in exchanges with like-minded implementers
- Track the online interaction with your solution
- Enable other practitioners to implement good practices and lessons learned from your solutions in their own projects
Benefits of contributing to CABI One Health cases:
- Have your case professionally published in an attractive format
- Have your case indexed in Google Scholar, tagged, marketed and discoverable
- Collaborate with like-minded professionals and our top international editorial board
- Earn £100 per case or publish your case open access
After closing of the Call for solutions, GIZ, IUCN and CABI will host a public virtual event to showcase three of the most inspiring, relevant solutions that were submitted. This will provide an opportunity for a large audience of practitioners to get to know your project and create a valuable networking opportunity.
For more information, click here
GIZ, IUCN and CABI will be hosting a small webinar on Wednesday, 14 September at 2pm CET on how to submit a PANORAMA solution or a CABI case. Register here.